Why set up VPN on a Router
Setting up a VPN directly on a Router is important, for you to make sure the safety of your identity, device and privacy while using the internet. It will help you keep your sensitive data safe and secure every time you surf the web. You just need to route all the devices through a VPN from the router, so that any entity on the web won’t be able to see the traffic that all those devices generate.
With the help of the VPN, your digital security will improve and ensure to protect an entire network. And all your devices connected to your network will get the encrypted access to the internet and receive all the VPN benefits.
How to set up a VPN on a Router?
- Open the router configuration panel and access it by entering your router’s IP address.
- Go to the Setting’s menu and check for a VPN client tab.
- Just follow your VPN client’s guidelines.
- Then, you have to make sure that connection is VPN-protected.
- That’s it, enjoy your VPN router.
Here are some tips to get the most out of your VPN Router
- Connect to the nearest VPN server to enjoy high speed.
- Just don’t double the VPN to maintain your internet’s speed.
- Get the latest encryption standards for a faster and more secure.
- Be careful with the free VPNs for it may not have the security standards and can possibly slower your performance and access your online activity logged.
- Bookmark your router settings so you could easily access your router’s IP address whenever you need to.
And here are the good reasons why you need to install a VPN on a Router:
- Constant VPN protection – It is powerful enough to protect everything that is connected to your network.
- Saves time for VPN installs on each device – you can exceed the limit of maximum number of devices that you want to connect in your network
- Secure all home devices- It will protect everything and even those devices that normally don’t support VPN software.
- Geo-locked content made available on the entire network – you can access your home network from anywhere in the world and can run your own server.
- Streaming libraries (Netflix, Disney+, etc.) accessible on any device – you can use and access your VPN on any media player or smart TV to stream your favorite shows in your streaming library.
- Protects all guests that come to your home – It will protect all the devices of your guests that are connected in your network
- Also works on devices you can’t install a VPN on – with a VPN router, you can still protect the devices that normally don’t support VPN software such as Apple TV, PlayStation and other gaming consoles.
- Convenient and Simple - No need to install software on multiple devices to protect them.
- Split tunneling – you can control exactly which websites you visit and even bypass ports that your online games utilize to maximize your performance while still being protected by the VPN service.