What is Https //www.microsoft.com/link for Xbox? When signing in to your account in Xbox, you’ll need to enter your email and password. But when you’ve forgotten your password for your Xbox account, you can proceed to sign in using another device. However, you’ll need to remember the login credentials for your Microsoft account since you’ll need to enter them later.
Your Xbox device will provide you with a unique alphanumeric code that is needed on https //www.microsoft.com/link. Besides signing in on Xbox, you can also use this sign-in method on other Microsoft-supported apps and devices such as Minecraft and Microsoft Surface devices.
How to Sign In to Xbox Using the Https //www.microsoft.com/link Code
Before anything else, you can first try to enter the last password that you remember for your Xbox account. This will automatically sign you in to your account without needing to enter a verification code.
But if you only remember your Microsoft account, proceed to these steps below:
- Open your Xbox console and press the Xbox button on your controller to launch the guide.
- Next, go to Settings > Profile & system and select your existing Xbox account.
- On the new window, choose Use another device.
- Then, you will see an alphanumeric code on the screen. You can take a picture of this code for later or just keep the display open.
- Using another device, open the browser and go to this link.
- Enter the code onto the empty field and choose Next.
- Then, enter the email for your Microsoft account and select Next. Alternatively, you can also enter the phone number or Skype ID that’s associated with your account.
- Enter the password for your account and choose Sign in.
- In the new window, you’ll be asked if you want to stay signed in to your Microsoft account. If you’re using a trusted device, select Yes.
- A notification will tell you that you’re now signed in to Xbox. You can check this by going back to your Xbox console.
Recover your Microsoft Account Password on a Computer
When you’re unable to sign in to your Microsoft account after entering the code, you can try to recover it first. Fortunately, Microsoft has a simple recovery process to help you gain back access to your account. More often than not, you’ll just need to recover the password since you can already see the email on your Xbox profile.
To recover the password for your Microsoft account on a computer, follow the steps below:
- Open the browser on your computer and go to this link.
- You will be first asked for the email address of your Microsoft account. Enter it and click Next.
- Then, you will now need to receive a security code from Microsoft. You can either receive this via your email or the phone number that’s synced to your Microsoft account.
- Next, enter the sent security code and set up the new password for your Microsoft account. You’ll need to enter the password twice.
Important: Your password should be at least eight characters and must contain a combination of uppercase and lowercase letters, symbols, and numbers.
To know more about Microsoft account recovery methods on Xbox and Xbox 360, refer to this article.
How to Add a New Microsoft Account to Your Xbox Console
When you’re unable to recover your Microsoft account from the method earlier, you can add a new Microsoft account to your Xbox console. Take note that this will work best for Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One models.
To add a new Microsoft account to your Xbox console, follow these steps:
- Open your Xbox console and press the Xbox button to open the guide.
- Launch Settings and select Profile & system.
- Choose Add or switch and select the Add new option.
- Here, enter the email address for your new Microsoft account and hit Enter.
- Then, enter the password for your Microsoft account and select Enter.
- After reading the Microsoft Service Agreement and Privacy Statements, choose I Accept.
Configure the Sign-In & Security preferences to fully sign in to your Microsoft account on Xbox.