Kanopy is a popular on-demand free video streaming service that provides quality movies, documentaries, independent films, and educational videos for public libraries and universities since 2008. It also offers an ad-free streaming experience, and you can stream content on your TV, Mobile phones, Tablets, and so on.
If you are a die-hard fan of playing on-demand streaming services on your smart device, then surely Kanopy is for you. If you too love to explore the wide range of Kanopy TV series on your Roku, Android TV, Roku, Apple TV, and Amazon Fire TV, then this post is for you. Read on and learn how to complete the activation process via www.kanopy.com/tv.
PREREQUISITES TO ACTIVATE KANOPY TV
- Here are the prerequisites that you will be needed to activate your Kanopy TV channel on streaming devices:
- You need a Kanopy TV app compatible device
- Kanopy TV app
- A Kanopy TV account
- A public library card or university ID card
- Activation code & activation url “www.kanopy.com/tv” to insert code
- Uninterrupted internet connection during activation process
SUPPORTED DEVICES ON KANOPY
- Android TV
- Apple TV
- Amazon Firestick or Fire TV
HOW TO SIGN UP FOR KANOPY ACCOUNT?
- Using any browser, go to www.kanopy.com on your PC.
- Click on Get Started Button.
- Choose your library name from the list.
- Enter your library card number & password/PIN.
- Fill account details are required.
- You will receive verification link on your registered email address.
- You’re ready to start watching on Kanopy!
ACTIVATE KANOPY ON APPLE TV VIA KANOPY.COM/TV
- Go to the Apple TV home screen to open App Store.
- Users can use the Search box and put the name of the app in the given field, i.e. Kanopy.
- The featuring app will appear on the screen.
- Click Get and the Kanopy TV will be added to your Apple TV.
- Launch the app, right after installing it.
- You will now get a 4-digit code that needs to be saved and prompted further to complete the activation.
- Go to the official activation link – https://www.kanopy.com/tv from the internet browser.
- Put the code in the right box.
- Click Next if the process gets successful.
ACTIVATE KANOPY TV ON AMAZON FIRE TV/ FIRESTICK
- Setup your Amazon Fire TV by turning it on to reach the device’s home screen. To access the home screen of your Fire TV, press the home icon on your Amazon Fire TV remote.
- Next, select the Find button and then go to the search option.
- Enter Kanopy in the search box using the virtual keypad and get the search result.
- Select Kanopy and then click on the Install option from the preview screen.
- Click Open to open the downloaded app and you will receive the channel activation code on the screen.
- Now, navigate to the activation page using the URL- kanopy.com/tv
- Enter the code and click Activate.
ACTIVATE KANOPY TV ON ANDROID TV
- To begin with, turn on your Android TV to access the home screen.
- Now, go to the Google Play Store, type Kanopy in the address bar of the search box.
- Click Install.
- The app will now be successfully installed on your Television set.
- Return to the Android TV home screen and look for the Kanopy TV app.
- Tap to launch the app and you will get an activation code on the screen.
- In the next step, navigate to kanopy.com/tv on your web address and enter the code.
- Click Next and prompt-up the on-screen instructions.
ACTIVATE KANOPY ON ROKU TV
- Power on your Roku and make sure it is connected to your Television set via an HDMI port. Further make sure to connect both your Roku media player and TV with the same internet connection, accessible in your area.
- After turning Your Roku on, you can use the Roku remote to explore the home screen menu of the device.
- Go to Streaming Channels and then select the option, which claims Search Channels.
- Now, access the Search button to find Kanopy from the search box.
- Install the appearing app by clicking on the Add channel.
- With this, the channel will be added successfully to your device.
- Head back to the home screen and go to the Go to Channel option.
- A system-generated code will now appear on the screen.
- Along with the activation code, you will see the instructions to activate Kanopy on Roku.
- Copy the code and open kanopy.com/tv on another device.
- Put the activation code and click Next.
- Follow-up the on-screen instructions.
Conclusion: This is all that you need to know about how to activate Kanopy TV at www.kanopy.com/tv. Hope you found this post helpful and easy to understand the activation process of the streaming service with ease.